Tuesday 2 July 2013

10 days before MY/our album is out!

So, yeah. I do music, and there's an album coming out. It's coming out soooon. Like, ten days sort of soon. And we have a little promo video to show off, which is here (sorry if it starts automatically, I personally can't stand when that happens on blogs and it's been happening to me lately. New setting??. If you know how to stop it, let me know! ;) ) ANYWAY, here is the video:



And here is the official press release:

Published on 1 Jul 2013 
Official Press Release 

New album "Into the Red" by International band Woody's a Girl to be released in digital and limited edition physical formats on Friday 12 July, 2013. Containing a mixture of dark and heavy rock, psychedelic pop, whimsical acoustic, and choir like vocals, "Into the Red" is a diverse palette of 12 catchy tunes presented by two people from two different hemispheres. Written and sung by Trisha Farnan from Perth, Australia, and musically performed by Billy Bedard from Bakersfield, CA, "Into the Red" marks the first release from the international duo. Be sure to check out "Into the Red" when it becomes available through CDBaby, iTunes, and the band's Facebook, as well as directly from the band members themselves (contact them directly through the band Facebook). More details to be announced as the release date nears. Meanwhile, check out the band's promo video for the album for a taste of several tracks. Full album tracklist is as follows: 

1. Yes, New Loving 
2. Ten Times Ten 
3. Fall on Death 
4. Debutantes 
5. Adventures 
6. Back Flip 
7. Rock Face 
8. Beyond Pale and Ageless 
9. Red 
10. Glossary Head 
11. The Obituary 
12. Song

So there you go! In case you haven't detected this already, I am soooo not good at promoting my 'wares', so this is weird and awkward for me. But I know it has to be done! And it's good practice for when I do finally release a book in some format, someday. So here I am! In related news, I'm pretty sure the DHL dude tried to deliver my copies of the CDs today - MAN that was quick! - but of course I wasn't home 'cause I work full time. So I'm going to see if I can get them delivered to work! ;)

And yeah, that's my surname. Everyone gets it wrong. All the time. Sometimes even I get it wrong, but that's more a typo thing. ;)

18 comments:

  1. Your music is amazing!! How exciting for you!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trisha-

    Could you forward my e-mail (discconnected@gmail.com) to your bandmate?

    I'd like to get a copy of the CD, and I imagine it will be cheaper to mail from California than down under (I am in Arizona).

    Larry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomesauce! Remind me when this is released, I want to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the promo! How exciting, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Trisha! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's awesome news! I didn't know you were a musician, Trisha. :) Congrats on the release. Loved what I heard from "Into the Red"; thanks for sharing with us!

    ~Wendy Lu

    The Red Angel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! You're a singer, too! I love your voice. Hard rock goes perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really, really nice. I'll look you all up on iTunes! It's good to hear that you've released your music. That's the best thing about music- it's easier to sell than a self published book (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can totally jam to these in the car. Where's the buy button? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are singing these?!! Amazing lady! No lie, I like it. You have such a wonderful voice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Love your video clip/audio. A well deserved success.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shiny! Your own press release, even. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone :) It's pretty exciting, though weird at the same time! We will be selling through iTunes, CD Baby and apparently Amazon as well, but we can also send physical CDs out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Self promo is the hardest thing, but looks like you have a great product to promote. I knew you were into music but didn't know it was to this extent. You can buy it on Amazon. Amazin'! I'll check it out when it's released.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Going to mention this in my Wednesday post :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!