Saturday 8 January 2011

Query letter #1: Sundown

No, I'm not going to share it, because I'm not quite done with it yet. Seriously though, I am feeling pretty good about how this one's shaping up. After probably 50 revisions following advice on the AW forums, I think I'm really getting near to the finished, prettied-up product.

I don't know why it took me so long to figure out the best plot point to end the query on - the one where Louise has just risked her heart once again, and gets rejected...and then the reader's waiting to see what will happen next. Naturally since it's a romance, you've gotta figure it'll end well. But it's the getting there that's the fun part.

Anyway...I'm pretty happy with it as it is right now. I'm hoping that sometime soon, nobody will have anything to complain about. If you can post a query and get NO complaints about any part of it at AW, you know you've done a stellar job. :D

But as for the other two queries I've put up for the AW squirrels so far...well, let's not even go there. Sometimes you just have to scream at the sky and walk away. Which is what I did with those. But I did that with the Sundown query too, and have since moved onto much greener pastures! That are actually greener.

How is everyone going with their queries, if you're at that stage?!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, queries. *head desk*

    I hate writing queries. Let's have that again. I HATE writing queries.

    The fact that you're so confident about yours makes me green with envy (where on earth DID that comparison come from?) for all I can do whenever I write one up is shred it with my teeth and go and sob for a while. Queries are the best way to convince yourself you are worthless. (;

    However, with my novel, I'm nearing that stage. I'm nearing the end of the editing process and it's just one of those check list things, you know? *shakes head*

    If you ever get to the point where there is not one AWer with a complaint, I shall applaud you Trisha. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably shouldn't have spoken too soon...but I do think I'm almost there. praying to the Squirrel Gods right now. lol

    Good luck with your query when it comes the time. I'm sure I'll see a blog post or two from you on it when you get to that stage. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!