Monday 14 February 2011

Show Me The Love - Blogfest


Yes, it's "Show Me The Love!!" day, and here I am with my entry. I signed up for this one, even if I currently consider myself a bit of a "Love Grinch". I still have a soft spot for mushy crap, and I write the damn stuff, so yeah, here goes!

  1. What is the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?

    I would say the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for me is just say nice things to me, make me feel completely sexy and irresistible, and told me he'd been in love with me since he first saw me.

  2. What is your favourite love song?

    Off the top of my head I can think of two: Unwritten Law's "How You Feel", and Type O Negative's "Pyretta Blaze". Both featured prominently on my Valentine's Day CD compilation I made for myself a few years back. A lot of Smashing Pumpkins songs tend to be romantic and "omg that is so my wedding song!" for instance, "In The Arms Of Sleep" - go look up the lyrics. It's a beautiful song too.

  3. Do you have a favourite romantic movie or book?

    I really love Colin Firth. Need I say more? Well okay, I love some movies he's not in as well. I thought Valentine's Day was pretty decent. But favourites would be and Love, Actually and Bridget Jones's Diary. Oh, and the B.B.C.'s Pride & Prejudice, if it counts as a movie. ;) Books? I really loved Jane Eyre. But more modern-like, I'd go with Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Jamie Fraser = o.m.g. I won't mention my own character from SUNDOWN et. al., because that's cheating. :D

  4. Do you have any romantic plans for Valentine's Day this year?

    Yes, I'm going to spend it with myself, which is AWESOME because I love myself. Maybe this year I'll do something similar to what I did another year - write myself a love letter, make myself a CD compilation, buy myself dinner and wine, and simply enjoy my own company. I'm one of those lucky bastards who loves being in her own company.

  5. What's your favourite romantic treat? (candy, chocolate, edible body paint, etc...)

    Dark chocolate and white wine. Together. In the same mouthful. Don't knock it till you've tried it, I'm saying.
This was fun. :D

Now, back to my Love Grinch ways. Except when I'm writing, anyway. Muahaha.

18 comments:

  1. Fellow Crusader saying hi Trisha. And (Grinch or not) Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adina! :D Happy V-Day to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow Crusader! Happy Valentine's Day to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi J.C., nice to meet ya - and thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raising my coffee cup, and having a piece of dark chocolate, in a Valentine's toast ... Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day. I'm your newest follower!
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Just love the "going to write myself a love letter" - and why not! Happy Valentine's Day. ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi crusader! Happy Valentines, looking forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! Great answers!!!! Thanks so much for participating!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings fellow crusader. Valentine's Day often leaves me depressed as I'm single, however, I can definitely feel your enthusiasm for the holiday. Kudos...I'm happy someone is having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Valentine's Day! I love your attitude. I'm alone on Valentine's Day because my partner is away on business, but (shh, don't tell him) I don't actually mind. I'm spoiling myself with a book in the tub, cupcakes, strawberries and chocolate. :p Have a great night tonight! It's so important to enjoy your own company!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't care for dark chocolate, or white wine. But somehow I think if I found the right brands, I'd love both together :)

    I hope your evening goes well for you.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi everybody, thanks for stopping by! :D Hope you all had a nice V-Day!

    Mine would have been better if my favourite takeaway place (Indian food, mmmmm) had been open. Boo. Maybe I'll swing by there tonight & get a day-after V-day feast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll take my dark chocolate and red wine and clink glasses with you! Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheers Christina! :D

    I may have to try choccy and red wine sometime. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. The funny thing about Jamie Fraser is that while I was travelling years ago, I bought the first book & started reading...and I kept meeting chicks who had read the series too, and who loved Jamie Fraser. Even those who didn't usually like redheads LOVED him. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!