Wednesday 5 October 2011

Fifteen-year-old me


Yesterday's prompt for NaBloWriMo is: What advice would you give your fifteen-year-old self? I'm a day ahead, but I'm going to just go with that. Anyway, in that picture up there, I'm younger than 15, but you know, all those years seem to merge into each other for me now that I'm all old and, like...31. But anyway, what advice would I give my 15-year-old self? I'd say, "Trisha, you are not fat!"

I'd also tell myself, "And yeah, in some ways you're a dag but you are going to grow up and blossom and find your party pants and you are going to learn guitar and learn how to make songs (I know you don't believe me, but you are going to do it...and nobody's going to teach you, you're going to teach yourself)...and you are going to get serious about your writing, and you're going to write heaps of novels. I am not even kidding you here! You're going to travel the world - twice - and make heaps of friends around the globe. Oh, and believe it or not, you're going to find a wonderful guy. Basically, your life is going to turn out great."

9 comments:

  1. Finding your party pants sounds very interesting. Good advice for that 15-year old self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the years blending together and I'm only 14. XD

    OMG! Trisha! I just finished my rewrite! Squee with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a lucky girl Trish! What a great life you've had so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals, left you some comments. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love 15-year old Trisha! She rocks!

    P.S. What's a "dag"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your advice is so positive - not a bunch of "don'ts." Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome :D

    I would have told myself something pretty similar. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Liz - thanks! and as for a 'dag', it's either a) a pooey tangly mess of wool on a sheep's bum, or b) someone who is slightly 'uncool' in some way, or seen as such by others. hehe

    @Ruth - yeah, I was feeling in a positive mood. Yay!

    @Jolene - I wonder if our 15-year-old selves were comparable?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww. Love the heaps of novels and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!