Friday 11 November 2011

33,700 or something


Oh my! I forgot to post yesterday. I have failed NoJoMo! But at least it wasn't an official goal. ;) My word count in Scrivener is something like 33,700. Over the count I had to get to, anyway. In Word it's 33,533. I think that is still over the required count. Right now, my writing sessions feel like pretty hard slogs. This weekend is kind of full too, so I'm going to have a hard time getting any momentum. But I'll do what I can, even if it's the bare minimum, and be happy with that.

I didn't mention this yet, but I decided to add Mack's point of view to the story. So there are sections from his point of view, as well as from Danna's. It's kind of cool. His sections tend to be much shorter than hers, which in my experience can be quite typical of boys vs. girls. I think it fits.

Anyway...hope everyone's going well with NaNo and other assorted projects! I have yet to write this week's Chrysalis story. Yikes. Oh, and P.S. That picture above is another from the Fremantle Monument. I shared some pics from there a while back in this post, on another stormy day.

13 comments:

  1. The picture is fantastic. And that's still a lot of words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only written about 300 words today but I'm about to finally sit down and crack into it. I have a three day weekend so I'm gong to do 5k, 7k, and 6k which will put me at the 50k mark for my first book and give me an extra day in case SHADOWMAN doesn't get finished at precisely 50k. (Also, in the next three days I have to kill three people which feels odd after watching Stranger than Fiction.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the high word count. Here's hoping you have time to get as much as you want done this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you're a bit over the recommended word count right now. Take a day or too off, or better yet, send me a few thousand to add to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pic is beautiful. I might even find inspiration while looking at it :)

    Wow, you're clipping right along with this writing. At this rate, you'll have it edited, polished and shipped out to publishers before the end of the month. Super awesome . .

    Good luck with the POV addition; sounds like you're enjoying the challenge.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rusty - noooo, I can't take a break! I have to write a second novel soon!

    Thanks everyone for the comments, hope you are all doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good show! I'm barely over par, but I think I've got a relatively free weekend. Mostly I'm looking forward to sleeping in / catching up on sleep on Saturday. That, and getting my characters into more and more trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is a huge word count. I think I'm like at 17,000 but I just started on the 7th of the month. I had to finish edits before I could jump into Nano. :) Hope you have a productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trisha, I added something to my post after you'd already come by. I'm going to be updating my blog roll. It won't have a dynamic feel like blogger but it will be hyper-linked. I noticed mine pops up in your sidebar so I'd like to add yours. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My progress has been dismal. I'm doing too many other things. Great photo.


    Lee
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! That's way more than I've done.

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've said it before... you are a writing maniac! I don't know how you have time to do anything other than write with that word count. Rest a bit and you'll be more productive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!