Wednesday 23 November 2011

Hi, Day #23...how are you?



First off...I take photos of weird things. It's something I'm kind of well known for. The above picture isn't particularly weird, but it shows something about me - I don't like flash. I guess flash can be used artfully, in ways I have never imagined, but since I don't know how to use it that way, I tend to stick to a distinct lack of flash in my photography. You have to have steady hands of course, but sometimes a nice blur doesn't go astray. My dad is a photographer, but as often as he's tried to teach me the ways of a true photographer, I don't seem to absorb his lessons too well. I just continue to do my own thing, with my own battered, crappy point-and-shoot.

Second - a quick NaNo report: 74,611 words. And last night I finally found these notes for VICTORIOUS that I wrote down ages ago (not in email or in Scrivener, but on paper...oh the novelty!), and though they didn't tell me much I didn't already know, they reminded me of a few small things, and suddenly I was (at least a bit more) inspired and motivated. If I wasn't going out tonight I would probably have a great run on words!

P.S. Happy birthday mum, you rock my world on a daily basis!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's nice to see that sense of motion in a photograph, it gives it a different life.

    And sending along birthday wishes to your mother, too ... Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blur. Makes for an interesting photo. My daughter has taken several photography classes over the last year and I am really enjoying seeing how she captures things. And I'm always amazed by how much goes into each shot. It has given me an added appreciation for photography.

    Congratulations on finding that inspiration. And Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take random paper notes as I'm writing.
    Like - remember she has to notice the way he walks before chap 5.
    - I'm in chapter 8 and don't know her father's name
    - let's change what kind of art she does, I want to use the 3-D thing.

    I'm at the point where I'm about to go through with my notes, and I'm all excited again :D
    Have fun with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture! My mom is a photographer. Aren't photographer parents awesome? ;)

    I can't believe you've written so much this November! Outstanding! I love discovering little details about my story that don't change the story much, but they change my attitude towards it. Only a writer would understand that kind of moment. . . Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost never use my flash either. I'd rather have a bit of blur than something that isn't lit the way I want it to be because of the flash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you are rockin' NaNo! Great job!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You're rocking the word counts! I don't think I've ever managed to hold my camera still enough for a night photo without a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, well done on your NaNo word count! Amazing job! And happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're a machine to get that many words down! Great job. What do you think the end word count of your novel will be? Will you finish it this month? Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ow I like this picture - I immediately through it must look like that to a vampire running through the streets, over busy roads - unseen by humans because he travels so fast. I'm doing my first nano this years and my book had vampires among other creatures :) You are way out in front of me - Well done to you. I'm just under the 50k. I'll finish tomorrow. :D Happy birthday to your mum. Where would we be without our dear mums ?? New follower btw. Great blog. Shah X

    http://wordsinsync.blogspot.com/2011/11/storyteller-linky-challenge-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I'm not a fan of flash photography either.
    A huge congrats on your NaNo progress. It's brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh good lord - your word count puts me to shame! I'm at 36k and struggling to catch up to par. You are singularly amazing, girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone should remember, though, that the words I'm writing aren't necessarily good. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your word count is rocking. I've fallen way behind on novel two.

    I like the photo and the way the lights smear across the picture. I hope your mum had a good birthday too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!