Friday 13 April 2012

A-Z ... LEGEND




For the A-Z challenge of 2012, I'm posting an A-Z list of books I want to read, inspired by my GoodReads "to read" list (which is rather long). When it came to books starting with L, I found it hard to choose, but in the end I settled on this one:



L


Legend (Legend #1) - Marie Lu

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias' death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

Why do I want to read it? 
There was a lot of hype, of course, but I hadn't heard of this book until after it came out. When I did finally hear about it, I thought, OOOOOH that sounds good. That's how it got on my list. And I must thank the blogging community for bringing this book to my attention!

9 comments:

  1. I shall have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent when a great book is brought to our attention. Must check it out.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an exciting book. I have to check out the Good Reads list myself, thanks for the tip. I'm visiting from the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great book. I'll have to add it to my list too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard lots of good about this book, just haven't read it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like it could be interesting. The list just keeps on growing--but I'm not complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a great book. The POV are very distinctive. The world very real. I don't usually read books twice, but I would read this one twice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like the sounds of this one. I love dystopian novels. Heading to Amazon, right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a great book. Not quite as good as I was expecting, but still really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!