Friday 27 April 2012

A-Z ... XS






This year for the A-Z challenge, I've been featuring an A-Z list of books taken from my GoodReads to-read shelf. For my "X" book, I've decided to take a break from the onslaught of classics and aim for a nice murder mystery:






X


XS (Allie Armington Mystery #2) - Louise Gaylord

There's a Bad Apple in the Big Apple The trouble started with a call from her sister, a supermodel, in New York City. The next thing she knew, Allie Armington, young, bright, successful and slightly bored Texas attorney, was on a plane to the Big Apple. It was downhill from there. Beautiful women are showing up dead, neat X marks carved in their breasts with almost surgical precision. Chilling enough in the abstract, but made all too real when Allie's sister's roommate turns up among them In a New York minute, Allie's up to her eyeballs in an NYPD sting operation targeting mega-rich men hosting parties in a secluded castle on the exclusive Jersey shore, complete with masks, mysterious monikers, models and mischief of the carnal and chemical kind.


Why do I want to read it? I'm not big on murder mystery type books, but I do enjoy trying to figure out what's going on, and I also love to see justice done!

11 comments:

  1. Interesting story. I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice plot. I'm a big mystery reader though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! I'm also a mystery reader (and writer) though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read mysteries on occasion. Like to mix it up a bit from time to time. This one sounds like it could be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, really I was just trawling GoodReads for books that started with "X" and found a few ;) Funny the things that make you find certain books eh?

      Delete
  5. I had a visceral reaction to reading about an X being carved into a chest. *shivers* Sounds horrifying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds bodacious, Trisha! Adding it to my gotta have list. I love seeing justice done too. *waving*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not huge into this type of book either, but I've found that if it's well done I'll enjoy it even if it's outside of my preferred genre.

    Sorry I haven't been around more. I did go through and read most of your wish list though... The Silmirallion? It's a tough read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I enjoy a good murder mystery. I haven't read one in a while though. I'll have to add this to my list, just for something different! :) Glad you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book sounds interesting. I also like working out whats going on too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!