Sunday 29 July 2012

I've been horribly busy and it ends now!

Here's a photo I ruined tonight (lost the original)
while trying to figure out the new iPhoto.
Lately, life has been a little bit crazy. I've had family visiting, and I've been travelling. And in the last week, for various reasons (including a *gasp* 32nd birthday!), I haven't had a single night totally at home. Thankfully things should calm down now, 'cause though I love my friends and family (and...work?), I sure do crave my "me" time when I don't get enough of it.


I'm also currently grappling with the disappointing reality that is my shiny new MacBook Pro. Okay, I'm not disappointed by the laptop itself - not at all; it's delightful...except when I mess with permissions and suddenly can't find any of my files in Finder - but I'm very disappointed with iPhoto. On my old laptop it was at least serviceable, and I could at least find my photos when I searched for them on my computer. In this latest version of iPhoto, it seems they're just not having that. But I won't rant anymore, 'cause it's pretty boring.

I'm still working on my rewrite of SUNDOWN, and enjoying it a lot. But I haven't done much in this last week of madness. Hopefully from here on in I won't have any more weeks where none of my evenings are entirely my own. I do hope to get to work on a first revision of DANNA, 'cause I think it's one of my more promising works.


In recent times The Smashing Pumpkins brought out a new album, Oceania, and kicked off a tour (I attended the show in my town this Thursday just gone). I've been listening to Oceania a lot. But for the last few days I've been newly addicted to a song by Lacuna Coil called "Daylight Dancer". It's from their album Comalies, which apparently is coming up on its 10 year anniversary. There's talk of a tour where they play the album in its entirety. I'd love to see that show, though I'd prefer to see a show where they played the entirety of the previous album Unleashed Memories live. ;)



16 comments:

  1. I hate it when things get crazy and I can't get to the things (writing) that pulls at me. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to distract myself when I have time, until I no longer have the time, and then have the audacity to be frustrated! I hope you get to do the things you want, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been listening to Oceania a lot, too. After Zeitgeist, I was afraid they were done, but Oceania has been a pleasant surprise. Good luck on your rewrites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You've definitely been busy, it seems!

    I like the photo--looks Impressionistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I can relate. I also need quiet 'me' time. Yay for things calming down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been busy busy at the day job too, then I get home and family stuff, and boy do I miss my ME time. I get lazy and watch TV too often lately.

    Glad to see you're getting back on track. Good luck with the re-write.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Lacuna Coil. Great band. I hear you--life has been crazy busy here too. Got to get back on track. Good luck with the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Trisha!

    I'm sorry your Macbook Pro is disappointing.
    Good luck with the SUNDOWN rewrite.
    I can empathise with crazy life. Hope things calm down for you and get back to a good routine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need me time or I go nuts.

    I love Lacuna Coil. There music is so haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate being so busy I can't enjoy my life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, happy late birthday! I know what you mean. I guess at least it makes the days that you get to yourself even more special! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, hey! Happy birthday! *throws confetti*. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the morning dose of music! That woman's voice is really haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope things settle down for you soon! I've got events every weekend from now until September, but at least my work nights are relatively free to edit. Er, yea, that's the goal...
    I don't want to complain about anything Google related but the Picasa for PC organizational system makes absolutely no sense to me...
    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get down right feisty without my "me" time. I hope you can find some time to settle in soon.

    And, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no, that's horrible when you lose photos or documents in the computer.
    Happy birthday, hope you are finding some mo peaceful moments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for all the happy birthdays everyone! ;) And the other comments too!

    For the record, my laptop is delightful in all other ways. It's more iPhoto that's the pain. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!