Thursday 11 October 2012

Review : IF I LET YOU GO (Kyra Lennon)

I was one of the lucky folks who won an ARC of Kyra Lennon’s debut novella, IF I LET YOU GO. I finished reading it about a week ago, and loved it!

In my book (pun intended) this story had everything a girl could want: romance, humour and a steamy love scene. I loved the way the ‘accident’ between Madison and Dominic happened, and the immediate awkwardness of the aftermath. Kyra writes awkwardness really well, but she also does a mean job of writing steaminess. ;) I enjoyed her use of British slang throughout the novel. I also really appreciated that none of the characters were perfect, in fact far from it!

This is definitely a story with a happily ever after ending, but more one that I think of has “happily ever after for now at least”. Personally, I’m a big fan of those kinds of endings, which are far less cheesy than the other kind. I guess you could say I’m not really into the whole “every single little end was tied up and they got married and she was preggers by the last line” endings. I like a more realistic (yet still romantic) ending.

All in all, I thought this was a good great read! Kyra’s writing style is highly entertaining, and I really love her characters. I’ll leave you with some of my personal favourite quotes from this novella, which yes, I have already added to GoodReads:

Erica had asked me a million times. Madison, are you sure you’re just the child minder? He pays you a lot of money for doing hardly anything. Pushing aside the blatant insinuation that I was his weekend whore, I’d always told her the absolute truth. He’d never so much as looked at me inappropriately, let alone anything more.

I focused, rather embarrassingly, on his chest which was rising and falling slowly.
I left teeth marks!

His jaw was set, telling me I should back off. Unfortunately, being a gobby cow meant I couldn’t.

7 comments:

  1. Live and laughs in the same story are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an enjoyable time reading this book. That's always fun and you were able to give it a really positive review which is also a pleasure (I happened to read one book from the bloggy world that I did not care for and then I was in a quandary!). Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* Thank you for this awesome review, Trisha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of book reviews today. This sounds great. I admire people who can manage their time and get books read and reviewed. I'm struggling with this. There are so many amazing blogging buddies that I'd love to review their books, but can't seem to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I downloaded her book last month but I've not had a chance to read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous review!! This is already on my TBR list. Oh for more time!!! But I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! I've been seeing this book on several blogs recently. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!