Sunday 1 February 2015

Slow start to the reading year

I finally finished my first book of the year - Kyra Lennon's Blindsided. I have also been reading book #1 in Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn, and I'm enjoying it, but it hasn't gripped me in a way that just won't let me put it down. Hence why I started another book in the middle of reading it. ;)

I haven't done much of anything else this year so far, in terms of being creative. But I am getting more and more eager to start revising something again. The problem is, I want to revise many things except the main project I was working on revising last year. :P I have been slowly achieving my other main goal, though - cleaning out what's in my garage. Another thing I really hope to achieve soon is selling my car! I have a new one already, so now I have two cars in my possession. I really don't need two cars.

So it's February, and I realised I forgot to participate in both the end-of-the-month blog hops I usually participate in. Sorry guys! I will do better this month, I swear.

19 comments:

  1. I had a bad reading month, too, worse than yours! I read Mistborn a while back and remember liking it alot, but not loving it to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that's where I'm at with MISTBORN. Though now that we've met the young Lord Venture, I'm a bit more intrigued I guess. haha.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the visit to my blog, Trisha! I've added you to my blogroll so I'll be reminded to pop back over here from time to time. It would be nice to keep up with what's happening down under.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patricia - I'll have to check that you're on my blog roll too, though I'm pretty sure you already are.

      Delete
  3. Yes, February started and we all are slow. Where did January go to, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, but it did seem to go by in the blink of an eye!

      Delete
  4. Revise whatever calls to you the most. Maybe then you'll be motivated to tackle your main project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks. Apparently the market is very slow for cars atm.

      Delete
  6. Hey! At least you completed one book. Congrats with that goal, Trisha!

    As for the car, my sister's been angling for a new car, too. Though I think she plans to give her old one to my parents. (It's not that old. And the mileage is pretty decent. She just wants something flashy. Lol. Can't blame her.)

    But best of luck on selling yours!

    January was a slow month in general... I can't seem to shake off the holidays. :P

    Here's to hoping February will be more productive for the both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am relying on selling my car for so many things - even just being able to get a haircut. :P So I really hope it happens soon.

      Indeed, here's to a productive Feb! :)

      Delete
  7. Trisha, I've nominated you for an award over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This time of the year tend to be slow....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kyra's books are awesome! I have no idea where January went either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see Kyra's book on your blog. I sometimes find myself working on new things to avoid the main project - it's amazing how many short stories you can write by accident :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a pretty good reading month. I'm taking a few months off work so I plan to do a lot of reading during this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your words, me hearties! and don't forget to leave a link to your blog somewhere I can find it!